Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program
PSFC has been approved as a Pre-Kindergarten Scholarship Organization by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED). This designation allows PSFC to provide income eligible families direct tuition assistance for enrollment of children in high quality Pre-kindergarten programs throughout Monroe County.
Since 2003, the EITC Program provides eligible businesses the opportunity to apply for tax credits to be contributed to a listed Pre-Kindergarten Scholarship Organization such as Pocono Services for Families and Children.
Eligible businesses may receive tax credits up to $150,000 a year to support this important work in our community.
How the EITC works…
Business applications may be obtained at www.newPA.com/eitc
- Complete the one-page application to DCED indicating the tax credit contribution your business will make to Pocono Services for Families and Children.
- Your business will receive written notification of approval of this tax credit.
- Send your contribution to PSFC.
- Within 7 days PSFC will send your business a letter acknowledging the contribution.
- Your business will forward a copy of this acknowledgment to DCED within 90 days of original notification.
- File your tax return as usual and claim tax credit for your contribution.
- You may also claim a charitable deduction on this same contribution.
For more information about the EITC, please contact Tim Lee at email@example.com or by phone at 570-421-2711.